Monday, February 28, 2011

San Francisco

In my heart I dedicate areas to different things I'm in love with; family, friends, animals.
But I like to think that a giant part of my heart has the San Francisco skyline etched into it.
You may think it hard to have fallen for an entire city, but I have.
San Francisco is a name that whenever I hear it,  I feel a warm and bright sunshine 
opening up in my mind.
It's a place that I love SO much it actually physically hurts me not to be near it.

I love EVERYTHING.
I love the view of the city from Texas and 19th on Potrero Hill.
I love driving on Polk at 2am on a Friday laughing at all of the drunk girls and club guys.
I love some how always ending up in the Castro.
I love the "No sex" guy who sits beside market yelling at everyone.
I love that on of the best days of my life was when my  best friend and I walked from the wharf, along Columbus, past California and through North beach, China Town and finally to union square in the blue twilight hugging the orange streetlights.
I love walking into MOMA and always seeing a new Warhol, never failing to make me cry in joy.
I love SF State, a school I've been waiting to attend since I was 13.
I love feeling like I never have enough I <3 Sf shirts, but would never wear them in Sf.
I love walking into Bamboo restaurant and being instantly recognized by all the servers, who already know what we want to order.
I love running out towards Crissy field in the rain not caring if sand sticks to my heels.
I love the Mondrian house facing west in Sunset.
I love the bay air.
I love the roof tops, the alley ways, the brick, the stone, the doors, the concrete, the windows the stairs.
I love knowing that no matter how much I search the city and remember the streets, there are still so many things to see and do.
I love doing touristy things but always telling people we are locals.
I love competing for lane space with munis.
I love looking up and seeing a cat peek through a window. (This always seems to be the case around Filmore.)
I love sneaking into fancy hotels around Union and taking the elevator all the way to the top floor.
I love cab drivers getting yelled at by their wives in a different language.
I love the overly well groomed hedges of the Presidio.
I love feeling so small in the FD, towered over by a forest of buildings.
I love how Sf makes every holiday feel even better.
I love when I took Steph up to Twin Peaks for the first time at night, and watching her eyes tear up.
I love the rusty steal bars on windows in the Tenderloin.
HELL, I love the Tenderloin!
I love Wasteland, Held over, and La Rosa in Haight.
I love that I can park for free in Golden Gate Park and lay on a bench in the sun completely happy, just being there laying on a bench in Golden Gate Park, in the sun.
I love that I could write an extensive list even longer than this one.
I love that I'm on the verge of crying right now just thinking about that place.
I love knowing that one day soon, I get to wake up every morning there.
And most of all I love that view of the city, riding over the Bay Bridge from Oakland. That is a view I hold so dearly in my heart, it alone, gets me through any pain or sadness.

I have had some of the most stressful, angry times in that city, but I was still so happy.
The best part of being in love with a city is that this isn't a love that depends on anyone else.
It's purely between me and a bunch of tall buildings and a bay.
Just the same as having brown eyes and fair skin, I consider San Francisco part of my identity.
It's a place I know I belong.

5 comments:

  1. San Francisco is amazing city, and I hope that one day you will go there, and so I. :)
    xo,Karolina
    +great outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your sweet comment. Love that pleated skirt!

    xo L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting SF, wish I could afford to live there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to be on your first followers, I'm always in love with your nice style and great inspirations. I'm a fan of your blog !

    ReplyDelete
  5. BlueHost is definitely one of the best website hosting provider for any hosting plans you might need.

    ReplyDelete

Hello darling! Thanks for commenting! Be sure to tell me when you follow, so I can follow you back! Lots of hugs and kisses, Mod Fox.

Sponsors!