Sunday, January 9, 2011

The World Looks Red.

When I first came across Laura G on lookbook, I though, "Wow! Those are lovely bangs!", so I was then inclined to become a fan of her. Soon I saw her posting fantastic and unique outfits (that one could say, were faintly 60s inspired) and then I knew I had to go check out her blog. There I saw more than a just great fringe and interesting looks; I saw a fresh, yet vintage, style that well worth documenting in ANY fashion blog. I hope she is as inspiring to you, as she is for me.
This is Laura.

1. Something that really stands out about you is your hair, especially your fringe. What inspired you to cut or style your hair as it is now?

I've had a fringe for a really long time. I actually had it when I was a kid, until I was like 10. I cut it back when I was about 14 or 15. I think my face just looks empty without a fringe, much like a person who's always worn glasses looks weird without glasses.

2. Your style has a vintage flair to it. What is your favorite decade? (40s, 50s, 60, 70s..ect) And why?

Right now I'm really most by the 1970's; the maxidresses, big floppy hats, muted brown-tones... I love 70's muses like Anita Pallenberg and Marianne Faithful.


3. What is your favorite vintage piece to wear?

My vintage faux fur coat. It's so big and warm and it's one of favorite vintage finds ever. I also have this floral skirt that I wear at least once a week.

4. I noticed you have some darling peter pan collared shirts and dresses in your collection. Where ever did you find them all?

I work together with this brand called Miss Patina (misspatina.bigcartel.com) and they have some adorable vintage-inspired stuff. Other than that I just browse vintage markets all the time, and sometimes I put collars on dresses myself.

5. How has your style changed within the last few years?

I've definitely become more aware of my style, I think blogging has helped a lot in that. Before I used to just buy whatever I liked, maybe because I've seen it look great on someone else, and later realizing that it just doesn't feel right on me. I shop a lot less and end up with a lot less shopping regrets.

6. What is the fashion scene like in Amsterdam?

I don't really know, there isn't a very big fashion scene. I think most girls who are into fashion wear jeans and Uggs and leather jackets. Sometimes you see some people with a really cool individual style. But I wouldn't really know how to describe 'the scene'.

7. Although the winter chill is still making everyone bundle up tight, what are your three fashion picks for spring?

I'm loving maxiskirts and -dresses, especially ones that are a bit romantic and and flowy and pastel, I just bought an amazing pink one at H&M. Also I'm really looking forward to wearing shorts without tights again, I love shorts with a high waist. For footwear: brogues, brogues, brogues. I bought a pair at Topshop last year and I've been wearing them almost every day since then, even in winter! They just look cute with everything and they're ultra comfortable.

*All photos taken from- http://www.theworldlooksred.com/

Thank you, Laura!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting! I'm going to see her blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your blog, lady! I can totally see how she has a slight 60s style. Keep the great posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That yellow dress is so fabulous!

    Great interview Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! This ρost сouldn't be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this article to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing!

    Here is my webpage crear facebook

    ReplyDelete

Hello darling! Thanks for commenting! Be sure to tell me when you follow, so I can follow you back! Lots of hugs and kisses, Mod Fox.

Sponsors!